05 Feb 15 Questions the PA would like to as THE BOSS!
Ever wondered what it’s like working for Jonathan Bird? I certainly have. Since I knew I was coming to work for Warehouse Dating I’ve had so many questions to ask. It’s a real learning curve. No 2 day’s are the same. My boss is a real character. Need proof? Sure – here’s 15 questions that as his new PA I simply had to know.
1. What’s the one thing I should avoid doing to REALLY annoy you?
JB: Great question. I think the one thing that’s vital to being a PA is making sure you stick to deadlines. A deadline that I give you means a deadline I’ve given someone else. If you don’t hit it then I don’t hit it and that’s unacceptable to me.
2) Are you a morning or afternoon person?
JB: I’m Jack Bauer. Provided it’s a 24 hour period I’m ready to go!
3) What are your top 5 pet hates in the office?
- The temperature. It’s either hot or cold. There’s no middle ground.
- Untidy desks. Our company provides a fun environment. Look after it.
- When technology fails. I like my tech and it annoys me when it simply will not do what I want it to do.
- The ‘C’ word is unacceptable . We’re a very open office but that is a step too far.
- Conference room B being left in a mess.
4) What would be “The normal” lunch order?
JB: Domino’s. But because we can’t always have that I’ll settle for an egg and bacon sarnie!
5) How many bedrooms does your house have?
JB: Enough. But I only need 1!
6) What’s your best advice in regards to progression within the company?
JB: Step out of your comfort zone. It’s easy to do a good job but harder to be exceptional whilst pushing your boundaries at the same time.
7) What is your top tip on how to get to where you are now?
JB: Fail often. Learn lots. It doesn’t matter how far you fall provided you are an inch taller every time you pick yourself up.
8) How many time have you watched Star Trek?
JB: OK assuming you mean the whole collection (12 movies, an animated series, and several shows) I’d imagine a minimum of 7 times per episode and at least 100 times a movie. I think the actual question you are asking is how many times am I going to make you watch it…
9) How do you have your tea / coffee?
No sugar and with milk. Unless it’s a bad day or you want a payrise in which case I’d suggest a little sugar.
10) Why do you have so many computers on your desk?
Most people think I have lot’s of computers on my desk because I work really really hard. The truth is I’ve got a Trek movie on in the background.
11) What’s your favorite type of food?
Love Curry! It’s the food of Gods!
12) What is your favourite restaurant and why?
13) Where is your favourite holiday destination?
I love the Middle East! Dubai is my home away from home and I literally book my next visit whenever I land back in the UK.
14) If you had to stay at 1 hotel in the world what would it be?
That’s a really easy one. I have a true soft spot for a place called Pennyhill Park. With an amazing spa, fantastic team and fabulous food I’ll go back time and time again.
15) Do you have a favourite clothes designer? If so what designer is it?
I’m really not a fashion guy but I do really like North Face stuff! I’m very impressed that you managed to use this interview to find out what you’ve got to get me for my Christmas and Birthday presents.